- Published on Tuesday, 20 December 2016 10:25
- Hits: 745
By Clement Nwankpa
The Super4 has come and gone. It is the flagship preseason tournament that heralds the kick off of a new Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) season. While it should be an avenue for coaches to forge proper blending between old and new players, it speaks volumes of how prepared a team are for the new campaign.
- Published on Friday, 16 December 2016 07:43
- Hits: 510
By Fisayo Dairo
The NPFL Super4 tournament organized by the League Management Company ended last Sunday in Enugu with the two CAF Champions League hopefuls Rangers and Rivers United (the eventual winners) finishing top of the pile.
Effectively, the two teams that will be flying Nigeria's flag at the Confederation Cup next year trailed their Champions League counterparts in virtually all aspect of the competition, somewhat true reflection of the final standing.
- Published on Thursday, 15 December 2016 11:54
- Hits: 1113
By China Acheru
The 2016/17 NPFL Super4 tournament reached a climax last Sunday in Enugu after five days of football buzz in the Coal City.
The three matchdays served us with some gruelling stuff and a high intensity among all participants.
In all, exactly ten goals were scored in the six matches decided across three matchdays.
- Published on Sunday, 11 December 2016 22:38
- Hits: 588
By Clement Nwankpa
Rivers United rounded off an impressive outing at the NPFL Super4 with a 1-0 defeat of Wikki Tourists on Sunday to emerge winners after Rangers failed to beat FC Ifeanyiubah in the second game of the final matchday.
Guy Kuemian's 5th minute goal ultimately proved enough for Stanley Eguma's wards to pocket all three points.
- Published on Sunday, 11 December 2016 22:20
- Hits: 538
By Fisayo Dairo
Federation Cup champions FC Ifeanyiubah produced a resilient performance to hold league champions Rangers to a 1-1 draw in the last game of this year's NPFL Super4 tournament.
Needing a victory to wrap up the Super4 title, Rangers went in front in the game through Godwin Aguda's close range header early in the second half but Ifeanyiubah who had lost their first two games of the tournament replied through Jimoh Oni - their only goal of the tournament.
- Published on Sunday, 11 December 2016 15:07
- Hits: 456
By Sam Nnaji
A very interesting 2016 NPFL Super4 comes to an end on Sunday evening at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium Enugu. It has been a very successful tournament especially quality-wise as the quartet, Nigeria's representatives on the continent in the coming year, round off this phase of their preparations.
MAIL THIS PAGE
LMC News Update
- Created Date: 23 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) has shifted focus to ensuring strict compliance with safety...Read more
- Created Date: 15 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) in partnership with over the counter securities market...Read more
- Created Date: 06 March 2017Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Youth team Coaches attending a clinic in Abuja has...Read more
- Created Date: 24 February 2017•Offers salary advance to players•Players apologise for breach of procedure Following reports of...Read more
- Created Date: 23 February 2017New dates have been scheduled for the postponed fixtures of Matchdays 8 and 9 involving Nigeria...Read more
- Created Date: 26 March 2017By Clement Nwankpa A Katsina United versus Rangers game was always going to revolve around the...Read more