- Published on Wednesday, 22 March 2017 11:43
- Hits: 273
By Joshua Tekidek
With three draws from seven home fixtures, Gombe United’s Manager, Manu Garba knows the supporters are beginning to grow restive and has called out for more patience from the fans who are only enjoying top flight league this season after three seasons in the lower division.
Three home draws against Plateau United, Akwa united and Shooting Stars meant the club has dropped six points from a possible nine; enough to trigger a defensive plea from the coach to the teeming supporters as he looks to the soon to be opened transfer window to shop for players. In asking for their understanding, the former coach of the junior national team assured the fans that the technical crew is working very hard to bring out the best from the players.
- Published on Monday, 20 March 2017 16:14
- Hits: 744
The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Under-17 All-Stars began their first appearance at the Future Champions Gauteng International Tournament with a 1-1 draw against SAFA Tshwane at the Nike Training Centre in Soweto on Monday.
The NPFL All-Stars dominated the game almost from start to finish but had just one moment of poor defending which to the South African selected team breaching their defence.
- Published on Monday, 20 March 2017 11:19
- Hits: 272
By Kola Daniel
Relief came the way of Wikki Tourists coach, Mohammed Baba Ganaru after his side saw off visiting Katsina United 2-1 to end a five match winless spell.
Those five matches and some other poor results in the past had put Ganaru under pressure though he once dismissed such suggestion which essentially rose against the backdrop of Wikki's two successive top four finishes under the former coach, Abdulahi Maikaba.
Ganaru welcomed the win on Sunday, describing it as a good result and for the first time lamented that his side has been plagued by indifferent results despite their quality. Now he seems to suggest that they have exorcised the ghost of those bad runs, declaring,"It's a good match and a tough one at the same time. I knew we'll get it right".
- Published on Monday, 20 March 2017 08:58
- Hits: 597
By Ayo Olu Ibidapo
Nigeria Professional Football League Under-17 All Stars have arrived in South Africa to participate in this year's Gauteng Future Champions football tournament.
The event is expected to run from March 20 to 27 in Gauteng, South Africa and will feature 12 teams, the organizers have confirmed.
NPFL U17 All Stars will play in Group A against SAFA Tshwane and Torino FC.
In Group B, Bidwest Wits will battle Football School of India and Spartak Moscow. Group C will see Mamelodi Sundowns U17 face Club Tijuana and Club Brugge. Finally, Group D features Orlando Pirates, University of Pretoria and defending champions Atletico Madrid.
- Published on Sunday, 19 March 2017 22:43
- Hits: 467
By Toyin Ibitoye
Substitute striker Ifeanyi Onuigbo's penalty goal in added time of the second half capped a dramatic five-goal thriller as FC Ifeanyiubah eased past El-Kanemi Warriors 3-2 in their NPFL Matchday 14 clash at the FC Ifeanyiubah Stadium, Nnewi on Sunday.
The home team appeared to be cruising to a comfortable win with a dominant first half performance after Prince Aggreh scored twice to give them a 2-0 lead, only to see the advantage disappear late in the second half, setting the stage for a nervy and dramatic end to the clash.
MAIL THIS PAGE
NPFL 2015/2016 Season's Report
LMC News Update
- Created Date: 15 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) in partnership with over the counter securities market...Read more
- Created Date: 06 March 2017Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Youth team Coaches attending a clinic in Abuja has...Read more
- Created Date: 24 February 2017•Offers salary advance to players•Players apologise for breach of procedure Following reports of...Read more
- Created Date: 23 February 2017New dates have been scheduled for the postponed fixtures of Matchdays 8 and 9 involving Nigeria...Read more
- Created Date: 20 March 2017The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Under-17 All-Stars began their first appearance...Read more
- Created Date: 20 March 2017By Ayo Olu Ibidapo Nigeria Professional Football League Under-17 All Stars have arrived in South...Read more
- Created Date: 19 March 2017By Toyin Ibitoye Substitute striker Ifeanyi Onuigbo's penalty goal in added time of the second...Read more