- Published on Wednesday, 01 March 2017 20:42
- Hits: 261
Plateau United lost ground to the chasing pack as Lobi Stars forced the league leaders to a goal less draw in Jos on Match Day 11 and allowing El-Kanemi, 3-1 winners over Sunshine Stars to come level on points. Plateau however, retains their lead on superior goals difference.
Plateau have not dropped points at home this season before this game, but payed with two dropped points after a less than impressive start to the encounter.
Lobi Stars made their intentions known from the beginning that a point was all they sought, as they used Uchenna Eze's pace on the left side to launch counter-attacks. Goalkeeper Oladele Ajiboye in goal for Plateau was the busier of both goalkeepers in the first half and made a double save on the 38th minute to deny Anthony Okpotu first, then rolled Barnabas Imenger's follow up with his finger tips.
With the Lobi defence holding firm, Plateau resorted to long balls from throw-ins, seeking to utilise the massive swing of left-back Daniel Itodo, but between Kwambe Solomon and Chinedu James in the Lobi heart, it was neutralized.
As results filtered in from other league venues on resumption of the 2nd half, Plateau United upped their tempo but Lobi Stars retreated even further back and would have gotten the opener on the 65th minute. A poor clearance by Ajiboye saw the ball fall at the feet of Lobi's Eze who weakly attempted to lob the goalkeeper.
With 10 minutes left on the clock, coach Kennedy Boboye threw on 6ft7 Emeka Umeh and it was he that should have sealed the game for his side. Bringing the advantage of his height, he threatened with every aerial ball that was launched into the area. However,when the ball did fall on his feet with only the goalkeeper at his mercy, he hesitated just long enough for Okeimute Odah to pluck the ball from him.
At the final whistle, fans at the Rwang Pam made their displeasure known, booing off the home side, leaving coach Kennedy Boboye to wonder if the romance will not even endure to the second round.
MAIL THIS PAGE
NPFL 2015/2016 Season's Report
Photo Gallery : Football Action
LMC News Update
- Created Date: 23 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) has shifted focus to ensuring strict compliance with safety...Read more
- Created Date: 15 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) in partnership with over the counter securities market...Read more
- Created Date: 06 March 2017Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Youth team Coaches attending a clinic in Abuja has...Read more
- Created Date: 24 February 2017•Offers salary advance to players•Players apologise for breach of procedure Following reports of...Read more
- Created Date: 23 February 2017New dates have been scheduled for the postponed fixtures of Matchdays 8 and 9 involving Nigeria...Read more
- Created Date: 26 March 2017By Clement Nwankpa A Katsina United versus Rangers game was always going to revolve around the...Read more