- Published on Thursday, 06 April 2017 08:46
- Hits: 163
Daniel Israel is a striker of immense potential. Blessed with pace, power and an eye for goal. The forward has been tipped as one for the future.
Competition for places at the star-spangled Rivers United has however meant that the forward has struggled to get minutes under his belt this term.
He has yet to start a game for the 'Pride of Rivers’ with just a couple of second half cameos in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) against Kano Pillars in Port Harcourt on Matchday 7 and against Gombe United on Matchday 17 in Gombe to his name.
The attacker is keen to get more minutes under his belt but acknowledges that he faces a stiff battle with extravagantly talented individuals like Bernard Ovoke, Guy Kuemian, Emeka Ogbugh, Lukman Mohammed, Bolaji Sakin and Asamoah Godbless also looking to play on a regular basis.
“I know there are so many good strikers at the club so it is hard (to get a chance to play on a regular basis),” Israel explained to riversunitedfc.com.ng.
“The coach has to decide (on who plays) but I always work hard in training and get myself mentally prepared.
“I hope I get a chance to play against ABS (on Thursday),” he said.
United’s form has been patchy with losses recorded in their last three NPFL games.
The ‘Pride of Rivers’ have managed just a paltry (solitary) win from their last seven domestic games and two from 11 in all competitions with Israel declaring that it is important to halt the slide.
“We don’t have a choice but to record a victory against ABS FC because we have not won a game in a long time.
“It will help us in regaining our confidence.
“I know the fans are not happy and the players are unhappy as well.
“We are urging the fans to be patient because we know we can still do it this season,” he said.
Rivers United are currently in 19th place on the 20-team NPFL season.
NPFL 2015/2016 Season's Report
Photo Gallery : Football Action
Auo Saka chalenges Anthony Okputu
Ayo Saka against Okaka of Sunshine
Eduwo against Nojim Raji
LMC News Update
- Created Date: 23 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) has shifted focus to ensuring strict compliance with safety...Read more
- Created Date: 15 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) in partnership with over the counter securities market...Read more
- Created Date: 30 April 2017Adamu Hassan’s diligently–placed 16th minute shot, off a brilliant pass from Thomas Zenke, won...Read more
- Created Date: 23 April 2017By Osondu Ngwude One of Rangers International new-signings Ifeanyi George played a central figure in...Read more