- Published on Friday, 24 February 2017 08:48
- Hits: 943
•Offers salary advance to players
•Players apologise for breach of procedure
Following reports of claims of salary indebtedness of Sunshine Stars to its players, the League Management Company (LMC) has initiated steps to verify financial records of the club in exercise of its powers to inspect club financial records upon suspicions of breach of provisions of the League Rules in respect of overdue payables.
The LMC has pursuant to this set up a verification panel and in the interim has paid 50 percent of the players’ salaries which would be deducted from money due the club from the LMC.
In the letter signed by the Chief Operating Officer, Salihu Abubakar, the LMC drew the attention of Sunshine Stars management to articles 8 and 8.1 of the Rules which empower “the Board either by itself or by any person appointed by to inspect the financial records of any Club which it reasonably suspects has acted in breach of these Rules.”
This followed a similar reprimand of players of Sunshine Stars for not complying with relevant provisions of League Rules in addressing issues of financial dispute with their employers.
An earlier letter from the LMC to the players had reminded them that the club had in the course of registration for the 2016/17 season submitted attestation documents, signed individually by each registered player of the club, with each player confirming that he was not owed salaries or financial entitlements as at 31st December, 2016.
The LMC has however noted and accepted apology letter signed by the club captain, Sunday Abe and vice captain, Adeniyi Alaba pledging to abide with the laid down process of enforcing their rights.
In the said letter, the players acknowledged their error and the embarrassment their action had caused the league and pledged to “restate their commitment to follow due process henceforth and assure the LMC that our players have since resumed training ahead of this weekend’s match against Rivers United scheduled to hold on Sunday, February 26 at the Akure Township Stadium.”
MAIL THIS PAGE
NPFL 2015/2016 Season's Report
Photo Gallery : Football Action
LMC News Update
- Created Date: 23 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) has shifted focus to ensuring strict compliance with safety...Read more
- Created Date: 15 March 2017The League Management Company (LMC) in partnership with over the counter securities market...Read more
- Created Date: 06 March 2017Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Youth team Coaches attending a clinic in Abuja has...Read more
- Created Date: 24 February 2017•Offers salary advance to players•Players apologise for breach of procedure Following reports of...Read more
- Created Date: 23 February 2017New dates have been scheduled for the postponed fixtures of Matchdays 8 and 9 involving Nigeria...Read more
- Created Date: 26 March 2017By Clement Nwankpa A Katsina United versus Rangers game was always going to revolve around the...Read more